PROGRAMS / OPTIONS
Officer Candidate School
Warrant Officer Candidate School
Split Training Option
Civilian Acquired Skills Program
Simultaneous Membership Program
Foreign Language Recruiting Initiative
High School To Flight School
College First Enlistment Option
A - Law Violations
B - Waivers / Suitability
C - Military Separations
D - RE Codes / DEP Discharges
E - Height / Weight Charts
F - ARNG Loss Reason Codes
G - Education Tiers / Codes
H - Live Scan
I - Forms / Pubs / Links
J - Terms / Definitions
K - SRIP
L - NJARNG
LIVE SCAN Last Modified
LIVE SCAN OVERVIEW
Recruiting personnel will not submit fingerprints on applicants solely to ascertain if they are morally qualified for enlistment. Furthermore, RRNCOs will not fingerprint themselves, family members (not processing for enlistment) or other Recruiters. Soldiers awaiting shipment will not be fingerprinted for any reason, except when instructed by NGB Accession Suitability Office.
Everything in the Live Scan process is timestamped and RSID recorded. Failure to follow the proper sequence will be dealt with as a Recruiter Impropriety (RI).
It is permissible to build an applicant's packet in one box and capture/transmit their fingerprints in another box. However the sequence of events must still be followed.
LIVE SCAN PROCEDURES (IAW AOC Appendix D)
D-1. All States, Territories and the District of Columbia will submit fingerprints electronically, using Cross-Match Bio-Core WEBS configuration. All applicants, including Prior Service Field Enlistments and Direct Commissioning and Accessions (DCA), will be fingerprinted and results will be uploaded into the applicant Electronic Records Management (ERM) prior to enlistment. Exceptions may be considered when fingerprints cannot be captured due to equipment failure, network issues, or inclement weather. No exceptions will be considered for an applicant who is "on the floor" processing at the MEPS. Approval authority for any exception is the ARNG-HRR-O (Accessions Suitability Office).
D-2. All applicants will have a completed HRR Form 369 completed prior to conducting Live Scan (LS).
D-3. Follow the steps to install and use Cross-Match Bio-Core Live Scan:
a. Using the RSN (ARISS) computer, search "Software Center" in the Cortana search box near the startmenu. (RCAS or State Domain computer is not authorized)
b. This will open the HRC Application Catalog. Search "Cross-Match Bio-Core Live Scan" and select to"Install."
c. To avoid compatibility issues, users must use Internet Explorer only. Open the following URL: https://livescan.usarec.army.mil/#login
d. Connect the Live Scan device.
(1) First time user(s) must select the appropriate language option under the Cross-match icon.
(2) First time user(s) must select the Live Scan icon in the upper right portion of the screen and select "Add License."
e. Registered users will select the Bio-Core Services option and when the green check icon appears, the Live Scan device is licensed to connect to the WEBS server to create enrollments.
f. Users working to capture a Live Scan enrollment must follow the following steps.
(1) Select "Create an Enrollment."
(2) Select "National Guard."
(3) Enter data in the each entry sections that contain a red asterisk (*) only. For transaction data,enter the following information-
(a) SON: A760
(b) SOI: A334
(c) IPAC/ALC: 00005570
(d) Retention Code: YES
(4) Select "Flats and Rolls."
(5) When all data fields have been completed and fingerprints captured, the user must select"Validate" to determine if any errors exists.
(6) When no errors exists, select "Transmit" to complete the submission.
g. Due to the high number of errors reported by the United States Office of Personnel Management (OPM), effective immediately recruiters must review the source documents (SSN/BC/Citizenship) prior to Live Scan transmission. These documents must be uploaded into Recruiter Zone (RZ) prior to submission of the fingerprints. LS submissions with incorrect data will not return to the applicant's record.
h. LS fingerprint results remain valid for 120 days. If new violation(s) are revealed prior to enlistment, the applicant will be fingerprinted at MEPS, new LS submission is not authorized until after 120 days of initial submission. If enlistment does not occur within the 120 day window a new LS submission must be sent.
i. LS only applicants who agree to enlist must have status of "Applicant" in RZ in order to complete the LS process. LS may not be taken more than 30 days prior to the applicants 17th birthday.
j. HRR Form 369 with undisclosed offense(s) level 100 and 200, regardless of disposition, require review and approval from State Operations. Proof of payment for undisclosed 100 offense(s), must be uploaded in ERM prior to approval from State Operations via workflow in RZ.
k. HRR Form 369 with undisclosed offense(s) level 300 and 400, regardless of disposition, require review and approval from the ASO. Please review the current AOC Chapter 5 for documentation required prior to submitting for review. If the charge is closed and does not require a conduct waiver, a control number will be provided to allow the applicant to continue processing. A waiting period may be imposed based on the type of charge(s) withheld and if applicant requires a conduct waiver for the undisclosed charge(s) to enlist.
l. HRR Form 369 uploaded after receipt of LS results or completed improperly will require a Suitability Review approved by State Operations via workflow in RZ prior to processing for enlistment.
m. The items shown on the Live Scan Results are:
(1) Security/Suitability Investigations Index (SII): Check of investigations conducted by OPM or other Federal investigative agencies. There will not be results returned on this check, if otherwise qualified, applicant is authorized to continue processing with “RECORD" as results.
(2) FBI Fingerprint Results (FBIF) are categorized into four categories:
(a) Favorable - results confirm there are no law violation(s) or validate the charge(s) that were disclosed prior to the submission of FPs.
(b) Unfavorable - by definition are charge(s) or UCMJ action(s) that return on a Record of Arrests and Prosecutions (RAP) sheet (criminal records showing as reported by National Crime Information Center (NCIC)) that were not disclosed on the Live Scan Authorization form.
(c) Unclassified - FPs that were determined unreadable by the FBI.
(d) FBFN (Name-based search of previous FBI investigative files) - results from the name file search, not results of the fingerprints. Unclassifiable results will show an FBFN.
LIVE SCAN SEQUENCE
1. APPLE-MD Applicant
The applicant must have a status of "Applicant" in Recruiter Zone (RZ) and agree to enlist.
- It is imperative that the correct Social Security Number (SSN), Name, Place of Birth, and Date of Birth be entered for the applicant in RZ and Live Scan. Verification must be done by reviewing source documents. If applicable, use married name rather than maiden name.
- Fingerprints submitted with incorrect data will not return to applicant's Electronic Record Management (ERM).
2. Complete HRR Form 369
RRNCO and applicant must complete Live Scan Consent For Enlistment prior to capturing fingerprints.
- The Applicant must disclose all charges/offenses/violations/UCMJ actions on the HRR Form 369.
- The Applicant will not touch a Live Scan machine until the HRR Form 369 is complete and uploaded to RZ.
- If scan is unavailable or IKROme is down, capture an electronic record of form by photo. Upload form ASAP.
- Upload form in RZ to EBC Release. Refer to Upload Form Screenshot.
- 17 year old applicants do not require parental permission. Live Scan may not be taken more than 30 days prior to the applicant's 17th birthday.
- A RRB BN Ops Suitability Review is required for the following administration errors with the HRR Form 369 (IAW ASO Suitability Manager training). Refer to Live Scan Suitability Authorities.
- HRR Form 369 is not signed by applicant and/or by recruiter.
- HRR Form 369 is not dated.
- Recruiter scanned in the wrong applicant's HRR Form 369.
- Live Scan Results present in record from other component (SON 676G) prior to HRR Form 369 completion.
- HRR Form 369 not uploaded prior to LS Results posting and No Record returned.
- HRR Form 369 not uploaded prior to LS Results posting and Record returned with charge(s) not requiring a waiver.
3. Capture Fingerprints
Review WEBS Live Scan Slides.
- Access WEBS Enrollment.
- Fingerprint applicants only one time with Live Scan, with exception as noted below.
- Captured prints will be stored under the History tab.
4. Project Applicant
The applicant must be projected at least one time in order for Live Scan Results to be returned. If the applicant has never been projected, execute a projection as per Live Scan Projection Screenshot.
5. Transmit Fingerprints
Review WEBS Live Scan User Guide.
- Recruiters must review the source documents (SSN/BC/Citizenship) prior to Live Scan transmission. These documents must be uploaded into RZ prior to submission of the fingerprints. Live Scan submissions with incorrect data will not return to the applicant's record.
- Use VPN for Live Scan submission.
- Review Submissions tab to confirm successful transmission.
- Both the Live Scan and Transmission Manager Applications must be open at the same time when submitting. DO NOT close either application until you see the message "SMTC transmission successful" in the Transmission Manager. If it takes more than 20-30 seconds, you may have a weak or bad internet connection. If so, switch to one of the other connection entries in the Cisco AnyConnect.
6. Complete Background Investigation
Complete background investigation IAW current regulations.
- Complete all police, court, probation, and other background checks as necessary. All violations of any level, to include traffic, will be listed in the Moral Screening Criteria in RZ with dispositions.
- The law violations will be considered as self admitted offenses and will remain in RZ regardless of Live Scan results.
- IAW AR 601-210 para 2-11, any applicant who discloses a minor non-traffic violation or above must have DD369s everywhere the applicant has lived, worked, and attended school for the past three years.
7. Live Scan Results Returned
Results are normally returned within 48 hours and will populate in the ERM under the Waiver folder. Refer to Live Scan Results Screenshot. Results are required prior to MEPS enlistment except as noted below. Possible results are:
- Live Scan Error: Prints Unclassifiable. Refer to Screenshot. Need to reprint. Follow reprint procedure below.
- Live Scan Results: No Record. Refer to favorable results below.
- Live Scan RAP: RAP Sheet showing charges. Refer to favorable/unfavorable results below as appropriate. If a RAP sheet returns with no charges listed, send unencrypted email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant’s name and PRID. The RAP sheet will be returned to the ASO from OPM.
- Results with incorrect Name may be used.
- Results with incorrect SSN (one digit off) or incorrect Date of Birth may be used.
- Results with more than one digit off require new submission with corrected data. ETP to continue processing may be submitted.
- RAP sheet with Deported Alien or Alien Inadmissibility are clear to continue processing IAW ASO Guidance.
8. Live Scan Results Not Returned / Not Transmitted
If results do not return to ERM after 48 hours, the Live Scan Report can be accessed in IKROme by selecting "Report Management Zone" (RMZ), "GCR Processing" and double click "Live Scan Report". Alternate method is to access the BI Zone Live Scan Report. Refer to appropriate scenario below.
- Live Scan transmission does not appear on Live Scan Report.
- OPM has not received fingerprints.
- Open Live Scan, click "submissions", double click applicant name, and click "YES" to popup, click "Next" to verify SSN is correct, If SSN is incorrect, call ASO with the correct and wrong SSN, DO NOT RETRANSMIT.
- If SSN is correct, click "Prev", verify that the SON: A760 SOI: A334 and OPAC: DA-EFP (to include the dash). Then "Lock" and "Transmit".
- For further guidance contact the Accessions Suitability Office (ASO) for assistance. Contact info on IKROme National Guard Bureau.
- Live Scan transmission appears on Live Scan Report but results have not returned to ERM. Refer to following ASO guidance:
- Blank. All requests for missing Live Scan results will be sent to email@example.com (no personal emails) with the Live Scan Report attached to the email. The report must show that the FBI Response is blank. Emails received without the Live Scan Report will not be processed and will be returned without action.
- No Criminal Record. Live Scan results will not be required if the applicant appears on the Live Scan Report and the FBI Response field is populated with "No Criminal Record". The Live Scan Report must be saved as a PDF file and uploaded into ERM "Live Scan Results" (accessed from GCRc).
- RAP Sheet. Live Scan Report with FBI Response stating "Rap Sheet" means there is a pending RAP sheet. Follow scenarios below:
- Charges disclosed. Process may continue with suitability exception if applicant has disclosed violation(s) listed in RZ that would trigger a RAP sheet (offense(s) level 200 or higher). Exception requires memorandum from RRC or SGM that meritorious case exists to warrant an exception to allow applicant to continue processing. The memorandum will indicate that the applicant may enlist without RAP sheet results. It will also state that the Soldier will be discharged if any law violation(s) and/or UCMJ action are returned on the RAP sheet (except traffic) that were not disclosed prior to enlistment, regardless of disposition. The memorandum will be uploaded into Memorandum ENTNAC Interview. Upload Live Scan Report as PDF into ERM "Life Scan Results" (accessed from GCRc).
- Charges Not Disclosed. If the Live Scan Report has "Rap Sheet" and the applicant has no violations or level 100 only in RZ, that applicant cannot enlist until RAP sheet is posted in ERM. ETP is not authorized.
- Exceptions to Policy. Suitability exceptions to enlist without Live Scan results may be submitted. Exception requires memorandum from RRC or SGM that meritorious case exists to warrant an exception to allow applicant to continue processing. The memorandum will also state that the applicant may enlist without Live Scan results and that if any law violation(s) and/or UCMJ action return from the MEPS RAP sheet (except traffic) that were not disclosed prior to enlistment, the Soldier will be discharged regardless of disposition. The memorandum will be uploaded into Memorandum ENTNAC Interview.
9. Favorable Results
Favorable results are fingerprint results that confirm there are no law violations or that validate the charges that were disclosed prior to the submission of fingerprints. Refer to Live Scan Results Screenshot and ASO Guidance.
- Project applicant for MEPS enlistment processing.
- IAW SMOM 18-014, Live Scan fingerprint results remain valid for 120 days. If new violation(s) are revealed prior to enlistment the applicant will be fingerprinted at MEPS. A new Live Scan submission is not authorized until after 120 days of initial submission. If enlistment does not occur within the 120 day window a new Live Scan submission must be sent.Note: OPM requires no more than 120 days between Live Scan and submission of the SF86 for MOSs that require a security clearance. If over 120 days the ASO may notify the RRNCO that a post-enlistment Live Scan resubmission is required.
Unfavorable results by definition are charges that return on a Record of Arrests and Prosecutions (RAP) sheet when no law violations were revealed or if additional or different violations return when compared to what was captured on the Live Scan Authorization Form prior to fingerprint submission. State Operations Personnel will apply Suitability Review exception procedures for Live Scan cases involving unfavorable fingerprint results as outlined below.
- Enlisted. Applicants that are enlisted without LS results, who failed to disclose UCMJ action or conduct offenses, regardless of disposition, are to be processed IAW AOC Chapter 4.
- Not Enlisted. Live Scan applicants that have not enlisted, who failed to disclose UCMJ action or conduct offenses, regardless of disposition, require an approved exception to continue processing. State Operations or MEPS GC will initiate suitability workflow for the following:
- Live Scan applicants who concealed 300 or 400 level offense(s), regardless of disposition, will not be enlisted. A suitability review to determine eligibility will be submitted through GCRc to the ASO. If the charge is closed and does not require a conduct waiver, a control number will be provided to allow the applicant to continue processing. A waiting period may be imposed based on the type of charge(s) withheld and if applicant requires a conduct waiver for the undisclosed charge(s) to enlist. Review AOC Chapter 4 for documentation required for Suitability Review.
- Applicants who fail to disclose 200 level offense(s), regardless of disposition, will require police and court record checks IAW AR 601-210 para 2-11a uploaded into ERM prior to the RRB BN Ops approving the Suitability Review in GCRc to allow processing to continue. If waiver threshold is reached, process accordingly.
- Applicants who fail to disclose 100 level offense(s), regardless of disposition, require review and approval from State Operations. Proof of payment for undisclosed 100 offense(s), must be uploaded in ERM prior to approval from State Operations via workflow in GCRc.
11. Reprinting Process
If the Live Scan Results show Unclassifiable, RRNCO will need to reprint the applicant and transmit the new fingerprints for processing. Never resubmit the original prints in this case. If results again return as Unclassifiable, the recruiter will initiate city, county and state DD369s at the applicant's current residence, employment, school locations and where charges were revealed. State operations will submit Suitability Review via GCRc and state "Request exception to enlist without LS results" in the comments block.
12. Resubmit Process
Live Scan fingerprint results remain valid for 120 days. If new violation(s) are revealed prior to enlistment, the applicant will be fingerprinted at MEPS, new Live Scan submission is not authorized until after 120 days of initial submission. If enlistment does not occur within the 120 day window a new Live Scan submission must be sent. Do not reprint applicant in this case. Disregard the steps to reprint applicant.
13. MEPS Processing
Applicants are to be fingerprinted and the results returned prior to enlistment at MEPS. Live Scan process does not eliminate the fingerprint submission during MEPS processing.
- Ensure all applicants who enlist are fingerprinted at MEPS. The fingerprint results from the MEPS submission are still required to be scanned into the applicant's ERM screen under the Core Admin folder in document ENTNAC RAP SHEETS.
- Retain exceptions will not be authorized for applicants that return with discrepancies between the Live Scan submission and the MEPS submission (when charges are not returned on Live Scan but charges return on the MEPS submission). Soldier discharge procedures for fraud will occur and there will be a six month waiting period to process. Fraud procedures are outlined in the AOC.