WAIVERS / SUITABILITY
PROGRAMS / OPTIONS
Officer Candidate School
Warrant Officer Candidate School
Split Training Option
Civilian Acquired Skills Program
Simultaneous Membership Program
Foreign Language Recruiting Initiative
High School To Flight School
College First Enlistment Option
A - Law Violations
B - Waivers / Suitability
C - Military Separations
D - RE Codes / DEP Discharges
E - Height / Weight Charts
F - ARNG Loss Reason Codes
G - Education Tiers / Codes
H - Live Scan
I - Forms / Pubs / Links
J - Terms / Definitions
K - SRIP
L - NJARNG
WAIVERS / SUITABILITY Last Modified
|AOC TABLE 4-1 - WAIVER AUTHORITY FOR LAW VIOLATIONS/CRIMINAL OFFENSES|
|1. TRAFFIC (LEVEL 100)|
|1 or more||Not Required||N/A||N/A|
|2. MINOR NON-TRAFFIC (LEVEL 200)|
|5 or more||Yes||TAG||AR 601-210 Para 4-6|
|3. MISCONDUCT OFFENSES (LEVEL 300)|
|a. DUI (309) or Possession of marijuana or paraphernalia (316) or NPS Positive DAT at MEPS -See Notes||1||Yes||TAG||AR 601-210 Para 4-6|
|b. DUI (309) or Possession of marijuana or paraphernalia (316) or NPS Positive DAT at MEPS -See Notes||2||Yes||NGB||AR 601-210 Para 4-7|
|c. Solicitation for prostitution or prostitution (317)||1||Yes||TAG||AR 601-210 Para 4-6|
|d. Domestic Violence (308)||1||Yes||NGB||AR 601-210 Para 4-6|
|e. Any Misconduct Offense||2 to 5||Yes||TAG||AR 601-210 Para 4-6|
|f. Any Misconduct Offense||6||No||N/A||AR 601-210 Para 4-22|
|4. COMBINATION OF MINOR NON-TRAFFIC WITH MISCONDUCT|
|a. 4 Minor Non-Traffic and 1 Misconduct||4 Level 200 and 1 Level 300||Yes||TAG||AR 601-210 Para 4-6|
|5. MAJOR MISCONDUCT (LEVEL 400)|
|a. Any Major Misconduct - See Notes||1||Yes||DMPM||AD 2020-09|
|b. Any Major Misconduct||2 or more||No||N/A||AR 601-210 Par 4-22|
Any offense listed in AR 601‐210 Para 4‐22 remains ineligble for a waiver.
Process DMPM waivers IAW AOC Appendix E-3.
1. Domestic battery/violence offenses include but are not limited to: Charge(s) of assault, simple assault, harassment, assault and battery, battery, assault with the intent to commit bodily harm, assault on a person, abuse, domestic violence or any offense that involves the use or attempted use of physical force, or threatened use of a deadly weapon by an applicant against their parent, step-parent, sister, or brother, spouse, child; by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common; by a person who is cohabiting with or has cohabited with the victim as a spouse, parent, or guardian; or by a person who was similarly situated to a spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim. Persons who are similarly situated to a spouse include two persons who are residing at the same location in an intimate, relationship with the intent to make that place their home regardless of disposition.
2. All applicants who have been charged with any offense of Domestic Violence require verification from court or County Sheriff stating whether there was a Protective Order issued. If there was, the verification must include the termination date of the order. Applicants may not enlist with an active Protective Order that prohibits their movement or their right to bear arms.
3. Enlistment of applicants with a qualifying conviction for Domestic Violence under the Lautenberg Amendment is prohibited. No waivers authorized.
4. DUI Offense(s): A DUI waiver is required for any applicant who received an underage drinking and driving, wet and reckless, zero tolerance and/or refusal to take breathalyzer or similar offenses. No waiver authorized for applicants with three or more separate DUI offenses.
6. Live Scan Results must be present prior to the submission of a conduct waiver.
7. An applicant with a single DUI (309) approval authority is TAG, regardless of the fine amount or confinement.
|AOC TABLE 4-3 - SUITABILITY REVIEW AUTHORITY|
| CLASSIFICATION OF OFFENSE||# OF OFFENSES||SUITABILITY REQUIRED||SUITABILITY AUTHORITY||REFERENCE|
|1. RRB Operations|
|a.||Combination of 4 Minor Non-Traffic (200) and 1 Misconduct (300)||Yes||State Operations||AR 601-210 Para 4-2e|
|b.||Misconduct (300)||2 or more||Yes||State Operations||AR 601-210 Para 4-2e|
|2. Accession Suitability Office|
|a.||Any Misconduct offense requiring DMPM waiver||1 or more||Yes||ARNG-HRR-ASO||AOC|
|b.||Serious Misconduct / Major Misconduct||1 or more||Yes||ARNG-HRR-ASO||AR 601-210 Para 4-2e|
|c.||Domestic Violence offense||1 or more||Yes||ARNG-HRR-ASO||AR 601-210 Para 4-2e|
|d.||Criminal offense of a sexual nature (includes sexting)||1 or more||Yes||ARNG-HRR-ASO||AR 601-210 Para 4-22|
|e.||Any offense involving a weapon on school grounds||1 or more||Yes||ARNG-HRR-ASO||AR 601-210 Para 4-2|
|f.||09S / 09R IAW NGR 600-100 Para 2-9b||1 or more||In conjunction with control # issuance||ARNG-HRR-ASO||SMOM 20-054|
|g.||09W IAW NGR 600-101 Para 2-14||1 or more||In conjunction with control # issuance||ARNG-HRR-ASO||SMOM 20-054|
|Note: State Operations may process suitability review request if they have completed the State Suitability Managers Course conducted at Fort Knox.|
Note: Suitability Review is required regardless of disposition.
|SUITABILITY REVIEW AUTHORITIES|
|TYPE||OFFENSE||REMARKS||OPS NCO w/ ASO CERT||ASO|
|Conduct||Weapon on school grounds||No||Yes|
|Conduct||Offenses of a sexual nature||No||Yes|
|Conduct||09S 09R 09W||SMOM 20-054||No||Yes|
|Conduct||Any offense not specified above||Requires RRC Memo||Yes||Yes|
|Live Scan||Non-Disclosed 100 & 200 Level||Yes||Yes|
|Live Scan||Non-Disclosed 300/400/UCMJ||No||Yes|
|Live Scan||HRR Form 369 completed improperly||Examples||Yes||Yes|
|Live Scan||HRR Form 369 missing/LS returns no record||Yes||Yes|
|Live Scan||HRR Form 369 missing/LS returns w/ record||Charge needs no waiver||Yes||Yes|
|Live Scan||HRR Form 369 missing/LS returns w/ record||Charge needs a waiver||No||Yes|
|Retain||Undisclosed charges||Non-traffic or above||No||Yes|
|Retain||Charges after enlistment||100 & 200 level||Yes||Yes|
|Retain||Charges after enlistment||300 & 400 level||No||Yes|
a. Live Scan Procedures
b. Retain Procedures
NGB Approval for MEPS Physical
State AG Waiver
MEDICAL WAIVER WORKFLOW
Medical Action Tracking System (MATS)
The Medical Action Tracking System (MATS) is an Army National Guard web-accessible medical waiver processing and tracking application. The MATS application provides an electronic method for submitting, storing, tracking, and reporting medical waivers/actions to the ARNG Office of the Chief Surgeon (ARNG-CS). MATS uses a role-based access control system, which limits actions and visibility available to users based on their role's permissions.
When submitting a Medical Waiver request, the MOS is a major component in the waiver decision making process and is directly linked to the waiver. Consequently, any request for a MOS change after a waiver decision is completed will require re-evaluation by the Waiver Authority. This process could take up to 72 business hours.
Medical Waiver Workflow
a. The RRNCO must intitiate the request for waiver from Recruiter Zone. The RRNCO must ensure that a projection has been done.
b. The NCOIC must approve/disapprove the request for waiver from Leader Zone. Even though the RRNCO is initiating the workflow from RZ, if he or she has LZ access, the system may recognize the RRNCO as being at the NCOIC level, thus causing the workflow to be Returned Without Action (RWA).
c. The State Ops LNO should now be able to action the request for waiver.
d. Height/weight (to include max weight) data and ASVAB line scores must be present in ARISS. MATS is used for the submission of medical waivers. The waiver workflow (only) for medical waivers is initiated and approved by the State Ops LNO in GCRc once the medical waiver has been approved.
Urgent Medical Waivers (IAW AOC Para 4-6)
a. Urgent medical waivers are considered on a case-by-case basis and must include the applicant information, as well as justification for the request. The justification must be stated in email and submitted with enough time to process through the Service Medical Waiver Review Authority (SMWRA) by 1730 EST. Complicated medical cases such as multiple disqualifications or behavioral health diagnosis will not be considered. Simple cases, such as penicillin allergies or astigmatism may be justified for this process (but not guaranteed). Urgent medical waivers will be initiated by the MEPS GC or State Operations using MATS. Once the waiver has been initiated in MATS, the RRC, RRB CSM/SGM or RRB XO must contact the SMWRA.
b. Waivers submitted from a training installation will be recognized as urgent. Build these as NPS waivers with the original pre-ship required documents in MATS according to DODI 6130.03 standards. This is necessary to ensure the waiver workflow is properly routed. The consult for disqualification must be included (for example, vision and hearing consults).
DMPM Medical Waiver
Refer to DMPM Medical Waivers for Behavioral Health and Medical Discharges.
Medical Waiver Appeals
a. IAW AR 601-210 Para 4-26, medical waivers may not be resubmitted unless original condition has changed.
b. IAW ARNG-CS guidance, the applicant must have new medical documentation:
- Physician specialist out-ranks generalists (Primary Care).
- Medical Doctor out-ranks Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners unless the PA/NP works in the specialty.
- Ophthalmologists out-ranks Optometrist.
Note: Additional docs required/allowed by Chief Surgeons Office:
- ADD/ADHD - Transcripts / work references / pharmacy records / proof of no Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Statement from coaches / employer
- Approved ARNG conduct waivers
- Waivers from RA/USAR are reviewed
- Waivers from other branches are considered
a. Medical Waiver Processing Slides
b. AR 40-501 Standards of Medical Fitness
c. DoDI 6130.03 Medical Standards
d. AR 40-400 Patient Administration Chapter 7
e. Asthma Medical Waiver
f. Hearing Loss Medical Waiver
g. ADD/ADHD Medical Waiver
h. DMPM Medical Waivers
i. Underheight Medical Waiver